Q:Cannot get clear image with camera
A:Since the chip only serves as a light sensor, all astronomical cameras in svbony need to be used with other equipment, such as telescopes or guide scope, to obtain a clear image after focusing. (the ability to focus depends on the equipment used.)
- (1) Focal length too short: add Barlow Lens;
(2) Too long focal length: add an extension tube or a reducer;
- (3) Adjust the gain or exposure value and pay attention to the distribution of the histogram.
1,First, the simplest thing is to check whether the cover of the camera's photographic plate is open (it is best to test the camera's availability during the day)
2. Check whether the computer recognizes the astronomical cameras (right click my computer, click "management", click "device manager" to check whether the camera device is recognized). If it is not recognized, check:
(1) Whether the cable is damaged (try to connect with another cable)；
(2) Whether the USB interface can be used normally；
(3) If the above conditions are correct, the camera may be damaged.
3. If the computer can recognize the camera.
(1) Open the software camera but cannot recognize the camera. This may be because the software is incompatible with the system. You need to download compatible software (sv105/205 does not need a driver):
Linux/Mac OS/Chrome OS/Raspberry Pi:
(2) Or the computer's anti-virus software shields the astronomical cameras.
Q:Whether the sv105/205 supports iPhone or iPad?
A:IOS system and iPad are not supported.
Q:When using sv105/205, what if the USB interface of the cable does not match the interface of the imaging device (mobile phone)?
A:You can connect to your mobile phone by purchasing an appropriate OTG adapter cable.
Q:Can the sv105/205/305 be connected to the guide scope?
A:Yes, but sv105/205 is not suitable for capturing deep space images.
Q: Is the camera color?
A: At present, except that the SV305M Pro camera is monochrome, all other svbony astronomical cameras are color.
Q: Does the camera have filter threads and dimensions?
A: All our cameras are threaded and can be fitted with 1.25 inch filters.
Q: Can the camera be used to observe various nebulae?
A: First, there must be a suitable observation environment. Second, the telescope used can observe the nebula you want to observe.
When both of these can be met, the Svbony camera can observe the nebula (sv305 series and above cameras can be preferred for deep space observation.)
Q: what if the frame rate is slow when the camera is connected to the computer?
A: since the frame rate is low in YUY2 mode (original image mode), try to select MJPG format (compressed format) in the software.
Q: What is the equivalent focal length of an eyepiece for the sv105/205/305 camera?
A: All astronomical cameras are light-sensitive chips, which only play the role of imaging and shooting. They are not comparable with eyepieces.
Q:Can I use Sv305 Pro on Chromebooks?
A:Yes, download the AstroDMx software to use.Other Svbony Cameras can also be used on Chromebooks through AstroDMx software.
Welcome to comment. (New problems and solutions will be put here.)