The Svbony SV183 IR Pass 685nm filter blocks wavelengths below 670nm to enhance contrast and surface detail and reduce the effects of seeing when used in IR-LRGB imaging of the moon and planets.
|Net Weight||8g / 0.3oz /0.02lb||15g / 0.53oz /0.03lb|
|Lens Material||SCHOTT B260|
|Frame Material||Aviation Aluminum 6061T6|
|Surface parallelism||1/4 λ|
|Peak transmittance||670nm@T=50% 673-1100nm@T>95%|
1. Sufficient reduction of seeing effects, heightened contrast: The IR Pass filter can be a great asset for daylight IR-imaging with a digital camera lessening seeing effects and improving contrast when utilized for lunar and planetary imaging.
2. The IR Pass 685nm Filter is made with high-end glass that has been multi-coated with an ion-assisted deposition technology to ensure scratch resistance and stability on the central wavelength.
3. The filter cell is made of lightweight, strong metal and is CNC machined, sand-blasted, black anodized, and then laser engraved. The result is a super thin filter cell that will produce a clear aperture of 26mm or 44mm.
4. The Filter can darken the twilight sky background, allowing mages of the moon and planets to be taken at dawn or dusk.
5. In addition to astronomical uses, the IR-Pass filter can be used for nature photography in the Near-IR, revealing stunning differences in plants, sky, and clouds (requires the use of a camera that is sensitive to IR above 670nm, such as a modified DSLR or webcam).
6. The filters are presented in a high-quality filter box.
Note: The filters of SVBONY are not designed for observation. It doesn't work for visuals.