- Dielectric coatings; super flat mirror with dielectric coatings to reduce reflected light loss; provide an over 99% reflective surface; good for astronomical viewing
- 1.25 inches nosepiece fits 1.25 inches telescopes; accepts standard 1.25in filters; eyepieces; Barlow lenses and other accessories with a 1.25in insert barrel
- 90 degree viewing angle; diagonal reflects the telescope’s light path 90 degree to provide a more comfortable viewing angle; best for observing objects overhead
- Correct upside down and left right reversed image; the view image is upright; but left and right reversed if use the 90 degrees to your telescope
- Brass compression ring; Built in brass ring and thumbscrew accessories avoid eyepiece to rotate during adjustments; effortless fixes more firmly and will not scratch your eyepieces barrels
Little and perfect
Bright and contrasty
|Reflectivity||dielectric 99% coating for bright images|
|M4 Set Screws||Yes|
|Net Weight||125g / 4.41oz|
There are many 1.25" star diagonals on the market. Many of them have a mediocre mirror quality with 90% reflectivity (10% loss) and a plastic body. The 1.25" diagonal by SVBONY stands for a high-quality alternative to those cheap parts. It offers excellent image and mechanical quality. There's no vignetting over the full 1.25" field. SV188P features sophisticated, Multi-layered dielectric coatings that provide an outstanding 99% reflectivity for maximum view brightness and sharpness.
SV188P Diagonals provides a comfortable 90-degree viewing orientation when observing the night sky through a refractor. When use the SV188P with Maksutov-Cassegrain (Mak-Cass) or Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope, you need a special adapter.
Another advantage is the 1.25" nosepiece barrel is threaded to accept 1.25-Inch filters. Brass lock Screw and Brass Compression Rings feature more precision and prevent barrels or the surface of eyepieces from marring and scratching.