As the first Maksutov-Cassegrain telescope we designed-the MK105, it has gotten a lot of attention recently, We released it in November, but due to logistics and other issues, it was delayed by almost a month! We are sorry for that and sincerely thank you for your understanding and support.
Now with the latest product reviews! Let's see what they said.
I received my MK105 yesterday and did a little visual last night. Here are my impressions:
(1) The build quality is just as fine as other SVBony telescopes. Mechanically sound and good attention to detail.
(2) It was a little lighter and smaller than I expected
(3) Set-up and use was easy as 1-2-3
(4) With a 25mm AstroTech Paradigm eyepiece the contrast was fantastic at nearly 55x magnification; the stars were bright and I saw more than I ever did with my other scopes!
(5) I could easily see the glow and definition (some) of the Orion nebula under our Bortle class 7+ skies! A first for me!
(6) Focus allowed great resolution. My unit arrived with excellent collimation. Out of focus stars were beautiful symmetric donuts.
(7) The focus knob mirror movement mechanism is-what-it-is. Not great. But it is probably no better or worse than other MAK models. With a little patience, you can easily get beautiful pinpoint stars. And it stayed in-focus.
(8.) Views of the moon were breath-taking! Never seen anything like it! Wow! The contrast on crater shadows was amazing!
(9) This is my first reflector-based telescope and I was thrilled to see beautiful colors associated with stars! Much more than in my 503ED refractor. Mars was stunning in color and edge contrast. Jupiter & Saturn were unfortunately out of sight.
In conclusion, the SVBony MK105 is a great value and fun little scope for visual observing of the night sky. I am most definitely pleased with my purchase! Next I will try a little astrophotography when I get some more clear skies.
Easy attach a focuser motor.
The focuser moves so easy and smooth so you dont need much friction. In this case I tried with masking tape ! Works perfect and because low friction I can also move the focuser knob by hand without removing the tape. I have ordered a small GT2 pully and a timing belt for testing.
My first Jupiter with my new MK105!! Overall, very pleased with the scope. Looking forward to using it more and more and get even better pictures.
Svbony MK 105
Svbony sv305p planetary camera
Skywatcher AZ GTI in EQ mode
Testing the telescope camera combo. Windy and focusing issues (not the telescope, me. I have bahtinov mask for it didn't use 🙄). The smaller Jupiter using a 23mm eyepiece and was getting over 100 fps. The larger Jupiter using a 5x Barlow lens and was getting 20 fps (still need to play around with camera/firecapture settings).
5.Nguyễn Anh Tuấn--
Shared the MK105 and his kittens
Hope more people like it! Follow our FB group for more updates！